2014年8月27日星期三

NFL confirms one-year suspension for Browns WR Josh Gordon


More than three months after reports surfaced that the NFL was suspending Browns receiver Josh Gordon for a year for violating the substance abuse policy, the league confirmed that the suspension on Tuesday.

"I would like to apologize to my teammates, coaches, the organization of the Cleveland Browns and our fans," Gordon said in a statement through the NFLPA. "I am very disappointed that the NFL and its hearing office did not exercise better discretion and judgment in my case. I would like to sincerely thank the people who have been incredibly supportive of me during this challenging time, including my family, my agent, my union, my legal team, and the staff of the Cleveland Browns. "

Observe this line in Gordon's statement: "I am very disappointed that the NFL and its hearing office did not exercise better discretion and judgment in my case."

That has to come from the NFL decide the appeal of Gordon was not convincing. Gordon reportedly told the league that the positive drug test was the result of marijuana smoke second hand. He also noted that his sample "A" was not only a nanogram per milliliter above the threshold League 15 nanograms per milliliter, while the "B" sample measured below the threshold at 13.63.

Gordon was suspended for two games last year for breaking league rules - Gordon said he used a cough medicine containing codeine - but he still managed to lead the NFL in receiving yards. In May, however, it was reported that Gordon had failed another drug test and lose one year.

On Wednesday, the league confirmed.

"Appeals Officer Harold Henderson has confirmed the suspension of the 2014 NFL season for Cleveland Browns wide receiver Josh Gordon violates the Program Policy and the NFL's substance abuse. Suspension is effective immediately," said the league said in a statement.

The Browns have to be concerned about the future of Gordon without the structure of the team around him, especially since he has failed several drug tests and was charged with a DUI this offseason.

没有评论:

发表评论